Across Calgary, the heavy wet snow is bending, and in many cases breaking branches and trees. Our crews and City of Calgary emergency responders are doing their best to deal with the situation, however they could use your help in how you report and downed trees, branches and wires.
When to call 911
- If lines are sparking
- If there is a fire
- If a power line is on the ground
When to call us at 403-258-8232
- To report trees/branches on lines
- To report a tree touching a line from a pole to your house
- To report damage to electrical equipment on your property
When to call us at 403-514-6100
- To report that your home is without power even though there is no damage to electrical equipment on your property
Please do not try to remove a branch or tree from wires, even if the wires are still intact. It’s possible for electricity to travel through any object that touches a wire. Also, please stay away – at least 10 metres – from any wires that are down.
Thank you for all your help and patience.